Deducing to a single choice out of all the best laptops to buy in 2018 is not as easy as it seems to be. With the technology continuously evolving in the laptop market, newer and more promising laptops have surfaced in early 2018 and that has made it even harder to decide which one to buy and why.
Now if you are a buyer and haven’t really heard about whats new in the market, don’t worry.
We got you.
Below, we have added a list of the best laptops to buy in 2018. Our list contains the laptops seen at CES 2018 (that will be available for purchase this year).
We have kept in mind a few details or specs while making this list and it mostly reflects every laptop’s capabilities and strength; performance-wise, budget wise and design wise.
So, without further a due .. Scroll on down and get your inner geek satisfied.
1) Dell XPS 13 (2018)
The first one to make our list of best laptops to buy in 2018 is Dell XPS 13. The Dell XPS 13 just launched this year comes with a new design compared to its predecessor. It is thinner, lighter and significantly smaller than the previous generation. It is a really nice looking device. The major change in its look is the glass fiber body, which looks awesome. The new XPS 13 finally comes with USB type-C charging port, in fact, all the ports on this one are USB type C. It has a micro SD card slot which also convenient.
The bezel’s on screen are very thin. The Screen is bright with decent color accuracy. The performance on this pc is great since its 8th gen CPU. The fans are really quite on idle and on full load. Gaming performance is not great because of the 620 UHD graphics. But should do great against lighter games. This new model keeps all of the glory of the older versions intact in design.
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 (2,133MHz)
- Screen: 13.3-inch, Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160) UltraSharp InfinityEdge touch display
- Storage: 1TB PCIe SSD
- Ports: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 1 x USB-C 3.1, micro SD card reader, headset jack
- Connectivity: Killer 1435 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Camera: Widescreen HD (720p) webcam with 4 array digital microphones
- Weight: 2.67 pounds (1.21kg)
- Size: 11.9 x 7.8 x 0.3-0.46 inches (3.02 x 1.99 x 0.78-1.16cm; W x D x H)
2) Dell XPS 15 2-in-1
Price: starting at $1,299 (will be available in spring)
An amazing feature in XPS 15 is the 2 in 1 tablet to pc, the best thing inside it is an Intel CPU with and GPU.
Dell offers either the Core i5-8305G or the Core i7-8705G. Both are quad-core processors attached to an integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics with 4GB of HBM2 RAM.
This means gaming will be better than a GTX 1050, the ram will be around 8GB to 16GB of DDR4 RAM, 32GB planned in future. Storage is said to be M.2 SSD options from 128GB to 1TB. Unlike the older version, there is no magnetic hard drive option. But the XPS 15 2-in-1 is a lot thinner than its older version. The XPS 15 has USB-C charging port. Overall it seems a pretty respectable machine.
- Processor: Core i5-8305G, Core i7-8705G
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics with 4GB of HBM2 RAM
- Ram : 8gb , 16 GB
- Storage: SSD 128GB to 1TB
- Thickness: 9mm to 16mm
- Weight: 4.3 lbs
- Screen : 2 variants (4K and 1080p)
- Screen size: 13.9-inches wide by 9.3-inches deep
- Charging Port: USB Type C
All of these specifications and functionalities make Dell XPS 15 a deserving name to list in the best laptops to buy in 2018.
3) Lenovo Miix 630
Price: starting at $799 (expected in the second quarter of 2018)
The Miix 630 closely resembles an extraordinarily rich Windows tablet, with astounding movability and network alternatives. Should it work out, the mind-boggling battery life guarantees are another major addition to its reputation. Lenovo claims up to 20 hours of battery life, which is the main selling point of these new Snapdragon PCs. Built with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 Mobile PC Platform and Windows 10 S. It has a backlit keyboard with a good and precise touchpad. Equipped with a Lenovo digital pen with 1,024 levels of sensitivity. With built-in 4G LTE, Apart from the Wi-fi. Even with its keyboard, the Miix 630 is just 15.6mm (0.6 in) and featherlight weighing just 1.33kg (2.93 lbs). It has a fan-less design with efficient heat processing. Along with Infrared camera enables Windows Hello for faster and more secure log-in.
- RAM: 4GB or 8GB
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB
- Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 540 (integrated)
- Display: 12.3-inch WUXGA+ (1920×1280) with Corning Glass
- Ports: One USB-C (generation not specified), one SD card slot, one nano-SIM slot
- Pen: Included, with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Cameras: 5MP front, 13MP rear
- Battery life: Up to 20 hours on a 48Wh battery
- Weight: 2.93 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 8.2 x 0.6 inches
4) Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2018)
Price: starting at $1,709 (Available Now)
The Lenovo ThinkPad series is well-reputed series of laptops and the one to list for the best laptops to buy in 2018. The 6thgen 2018 model looks even better than its predecessors. It has an ultra-bright High Dynamic Range (HDR) screen with Dolby Vision optimisation which is just amazing to look at. It is light in weight, just a little over 1.1kgs in this 14-inch form. Among ports, there is an SD card slot too which is convenient. The front camera has a switch called ‘ThinkShutter’, it covers the lens, providing privacy from webcam hacks. Equipped with Intel’s latest 8th Gen processor and also a decent battery too, expected to last up to 15 hours per single charge. The 2018 model isn’t cheap at all, but it does keep up with even higher priced laptops in the specs and performance.
- Processor: Up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Ram: Up to 16GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage : Up to 1TB SSD PCIe
- Screen: 14-inch HDR IPS LCD
- Screen resolution: 2560 x 1440 with Dolby Vision optimised High Dynamic Range
- Audio: Dolby Premium Audio
- Ports : 2x USB 3, 1x Thunderbolt 3, 1x 3.5mm jack, 1x SD card slot, 1x HDMI, 1x docking connector
- Network: Integrated 4G/LTE (if specified)
- Dimension : 323.5 x 217.1 x 15.95mm;
- Weight: from 1.13kgs
- Embedded fingerprint reader
5) Acer Swift 7 (2018)
Price: Starts at $1,699 (available from March 2018)
Another laptop in our list of the best laptops to buy in 2018 is Acer Swift 7. They are calling it the world’s thinnest laptop. It is extremely thin at just 10.16mm.
Being this thin its no doubt that its lightweight too, weighs around 1.2kg. It has an aluminum body which feels expensive. The screen can fold back 180 degrees. There are 2 USB-C ports and a nano-SIM slot. And also has a backlit keyboard.
- Processor: 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
- Storage: 256GB of PCIe SSD storage
- Ram: 8GB LPDDR3 memory
- Network: 4G LTE connectivity
- Screen: 14-inch Corning Gorilla Glass touchscreen
- Resolution : 1,920×1,080-pixel resolution display
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Ports: 2 USB-C 3.1 port
- weight : 1.2kg
- Windows Hello compatible fingerprint reader
Honorable mention :
Of course, we can not end this post without mentioning our favorite Laptop at the CES this year
Razer’s project Linda
Razer has Truely combined the best of both the worlds, by bridging the gap between phone and pc. If you haven’t heard about this device. Basically, Razer took the chassis of its Blade Stealth ultrabook, removed most of the internals, and replaced the trackpad with a slot for the Razer’s phone. The phone’s screen is mirrored to the 13″ display while also acting as the trackpad. Razer promises 200GB storage inside the laptop body and a 53.6Wh battery to power the screen and keyboard, and charge the phone. Our favorite choice in the list of the best laptops to buy in 2018.