There’s no doubt that fashion brands need to be on social media. But with so many platforms and options available, it can be tough to know where to start or what kind of content will work best.
One way to cut through the noise and stand out from the competition is by developing a strong video strategy. Video content has a unique ability to engage audiences and tell stories in a way that static images and text simply can’t match.
Video presence can help your fashion label stand out from the competition, connect with customers and build a loyal following. But what goes into developing a successful video strategy? Let’s explore that in this article.
What Is a Video Strategy?
A video strategy is the cornerstone of your overall marketing strategy. It is designed to help you achieve your business goals, whether that’s generating leads, increasing brand awareness, or boosting sales.
A strong video strategy will take into account your target audience, your budget, and your resources. It will also consider the different stages of the buyer’s journey and map out a plan for creating videos that will help you move your prospects through each stage.
Here’s a basic structure of a video strategy:
- Define your goals – What do you want to achieve with your video content?
- Identify your audience – Who are you making videos for?
- Determine what type of videos to create – How can you best grab the attention of your audience with the video?
- Create a production schedule – What resources do you have, and how often can you produce videos?
- Distributing your videos – How will you get your videos in front of your target audience?
- Measure your success – What metrics will you use to track whether or not your video strategy is successful?
When creating a video strategy for fashion brands, it’s important to keep in mind that video can be used for more than just promoting your products. It can also be used to build relationships with your customers, humanize your brand, and show off your company culture.
That said, product videos are still an important part of any fashion brand’s video strategy. After all, fashion is a visual industry, and product videos give your customers a chance to see your clothes in action.
Different Types of Fashion Videos
Fashion videos come in many different forms. Each serves a specific purpose and can be used to achieve different marketing goals.
When planning your video strategy, it’s important to consider what type of videos will best suit your brand and your target audience.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular types of fashion videos.
- Lookbooks – Lookbooks are a great way to give customers a closer look at your products. If you have a new collection or seasonal line, a lookbook can help potential customers see your products in action.
- Promo videos – Promotional videos are a great way to showcase your products in action and increase brand awareness. If you have a new fashion line, a video promo can help potential customers see your products in use.
- Vlogs – Vlogs, or video blogs, are a great way to connect with your audience on a personal level. Vlogs can be used to give customers a behind-the-scenes look at your brand or to simply share your thoughts and experiences with the world.
- How-to videos – How-to videos are a great way to position your brand as an expert in the industry. If you have tips and tricks to share, a how-to video can be a valuable asset for your customers.
- Runway shows – A runway show is a great way to showcase your latest collection. If you’re launching a new line or debuting a new designer, a runway show can generate excitement and buzz.
With the different types of videos out of the way, let’s move to the ideas for planning, producing, and distributing your fashion videos.
Planning and Producing Fashion Videos
When planning your fashion video strategy, you need to begin with deciding what type of videos you want to produce.
If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, you can ask the Instagram marketing expert on your team. If you don’t have one yet, go through your competitors’ accounts on Instagram to get a gist of what’s working in the market.
Are they posting style tips? How-to videos? Behind-the-scenes? Promo videos? Once you understand what is working for your competitors, you can use that knowledge to find ideas for your own brand too.
Then, begin planning the logistics of your video shoot.
- For a runway show, you’ll need to secure a location and plan the event.
- For filming a lookbook, you’ll need to find models and a photographer.
- For vlogs, you’ll need to decide on a format and plan your content.
And irrespective of what type of video you’re filming, there are a few things you should always keep in mind:
- Your video should be high quality – This means investing in good equipment and working with a professional videographer.
- Your video should be well-edited – This means taking the time to edit your video and remove any mistakes or errors.
- Your video should be on-brand – This means ensuring that your video fits with your brand identity and style guide.
Now that you have an understanding of how to plan and produce fashion videos let’s discuss strategies for distribution.
Distributing Your Fashion Videos
Once your fashion videos are produced, it’s time to start thinking about distribution. Instagram is a great platform for distributing fashion videos. Why? Because Instagram has a large and engaged audience and because Instagram users are highly receptive to video content.
To be successful on Instagram, here are a few tips:
- Use high-quality, beautiful visuals – Instagram is a visually-driven platform, so your fashion videos need to be high quality and visually appealing.
- Keep your videos short – Instagram users have short attention spans, so your videos should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Use hashtags judiciously – Hashtags can help you reach a wider audience, but using too many hashtags will make your content seem spammy. Use only a few relevant hashtags per video.
- Engage with your audience – Instagram is all about engagement, so make sure to respond to comments and questions from your followers.
- Collaborate with other Instagram users – Find fashion-related accounts that have a similar following to yours and see if they’re interested in collaborating.
By following these tips, you can effectively use Instagram to distribute your fashion videos and build your brand.
Fashion videos are a great way to showcase your products, engage with your customers, and build your brand. By planning and producing high-quality videos and distributing them on Instagram, you can reach a wider audience and grow your business.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on developing a video strategy for fashion videos. If you have any questions or tips of your own, feel free to share them in the comments below!