Gardening is a fantastic activity for people who are creative and have free weekends to devote. Are you one such passionate gardener looking forward to giving your baby garden a quick makeover? Well, here we have something unusual for you. We have listed the top eight tips that you can use to repair your garden and give it an all-new look without spending a lot of money.
1. Reuse stuff – One of the easiest ways to save money while getting your home garden repaired is to reuse things that have been used once. Items made of plastic such as nursery pots can be used in multiple ways and should preferably not be thrown away. You can get them recycled or reuse them as they are. Not only will this save a lot of money but also give your garden a different theme. This also provides you with an option to take your garden in whatever direction you want. You can get your kids involved and set up a baby garden with their help. They would love playing outside!
2. Some cool DIYs – ‘Do-It-Yourself’ projects are one of the best ways to save money while setting up a garden of your own. Cool DIYs are real money savers and a real pleasure to look at. No need to spend anything on decorative pieces while getting your garden repaired this time! Log on to the internet and search for cool pot ideas, beautiful plant ideas and other amazing projects that you can do at your own for your garden.
3. Self-seeding flowers – Self-seeding flowers are the real deal when it comes to saving money. Looking forward to giving your yard a quick makeover? Well, consider replacing the traditional plants with self-seeding flowers like the hollyhocks. All that you need to do is to buy a packet of seeds once and plant them. Just sit back, relax and watch them seeding automatically. This will save seeding cost and help you invest in something else.
However, the trick is to do this wisely and consult experts for a recommendation. Ideally, you should plant them where they can grow successfully. Another critical point to note here is to resist deadheading. Don’t do it at least when the season is ending.
4. Reduce the lawn size – Are you a gardener bored of mowing and watering your lawn all the time? It is high time that you reduce your lawn size and save a lot of time. Reducing the lawn size is one of the hottest gardening trends these days. You can even cut half of it and keep the rest as an experiment. It all zeroes down on your creativity and is not something that should be forced upon.
Large flower beds, gravel walkways, and rock gardens are way more appealing than straight green yards spread as far as the sight goes. There is no denying the fact that reducing the lawn size requires an initial investment of time and money, but once you are done, you will have the coolest garden on the block. This will also leave you with more freedom and more money in your wallet.
5. Hire the right gardener – In case you are not expert enough to set up a garden of your own, you can take help from a professional gardener. However, the key is to hire the right gardener and not just anyone. The right gardener will not only charge you an appropriate amount but also help you understand what exactly your garden needs instead of making you waste money on almost anything in the name of good gardening. For instance, if you are a beginner, you may not know much about choosing the right tailgate spreader or Ag spreaders for your garden. Here is where an expert gardener steps in!
6. Check out discount stores for gardening supplies – Buying the right gardening supplies can help you save money in unprecedented ways. You may be shopping from a store for years and still select a new store that offers relatively cheap garden supplies, nursery stuff or stuff needed for home-improvement. Find out stores that offer attractive discounts in your area rather than always rushing to branded ones. You may for once, be surprised at what they have in store for you or what deals they have to offer right from tomato cages to planters to garden hoses.
7. Swap and save – There are a lot of pieces of gardening equipment that are not required daily. What you can do here to save money is to share them with your friends or neighbors rather than buying them! Likewise, you can lend them stuff that you have. This swapping system is mutually beneficial and helps you have almost anything without spending a fortune.
Give this barter or swap system a shot and see if it works for you (We are sure it would!). You can do it on a small scale first with a friend or two that you trust and get comfortable. You can even extend the idea to swap seeds this way and plant a lot of new flowers and plants without actually buying the seeds.
8. Replace those flowers with succulents – Are you looking to spice up your garden a bit? Are you trying to come up with something that doesn’t demand much of your time and energy? Maybe succulents are the stuff you have been looking for! They belong to the cactus family and are low-maintenance. The fun part is that they don’t even need daily watering and are programmed to survive in harsh weather conditions.
Thus, these were some of the quick steps to save money while getting your home garden repaired. Gardening is an art. You need to be creative and spontaneous in your approach for useful cultivation. For instance, you must be wise enough to choose the right tailgate spreader, or Ag spreaders for your garden without spending a lot of bucks. These seemingly insignificant tips will help you go a long way and result in something unusual.