Car Shipping Mistakes
There are mistakes that you could make when shipping your car in West Virginia. These could be simple mistakes that could cost you hundreds of dollars when shipping. You want your experience to be a good one and not one that has issues.
Your first mistake might be who you choose to ship your vehicle. You can search West Virginia car shipping to get some ideas of who to pick. Do research to find the best of these ideas.
This article will help you to learn about some of the mistakes that people have made when shipping autos from West Virginia. It will help you to avoid these same mistakes. You can also do research to find more information about the subject.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Don’t Neglect Your Research – As was mentioned earlier, research is important. You don’t want to pick the first transport company that you might find on the internet, you want to do the research to find out why they can do the job to your satisfaction. The right company for you will help to ease your mind, not cause you stress. It is important to do research to make sure that you are choosing the right company for your needs. What is best for you might not be the best for someone else. Find what is best for you.
- Don’t Fall For Too Good to be True Quotes – You don’t want to choose the first quote that you hear, either. The least expensive quote isn’t always the best one to pick. They might neglect some very important things in the shipping such as failing to have the proper insurance or licenses. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You should know the average price of shipping vehicles in West Virginia so that you know if the quote is too low or too high: https://www.movebuddha.com/car-shipping/wv/or/. If you have this information, you could see those deals that are too good to be true.
- Don’t Overlook the Insurance – In West Virginia the law says that the transport company must have insurance to be able to move vehicles. There is cargo insurance that they must have – they should also have at least liability. You should also have personal insurance for your vehicle to protect yourself.
- Don’t Forget Car Inspections – You must do pre-shipping and post-shipping inspections on your auto. You need to check for dents and scratches, as well as tire conditions and leaks. You should also check things that might be wrong under your hood to see if there is anything wrong. Then take pictures of everything that you find so that you can compare it with the post-shipping inspection.
- Don’t Skimp on Preparation – There are things that you need to do to prepare your car for shipping. Some things that you should do are to clear out all personal items, leave only a quarter of a tank of gas in your car, remove toll tags and parking passes, and deactivate any alarms. You should also remove any aftermarket parts such as running boards and spoilers.
- Don’t Bypass the Reviews – You must read online reviews about the companies that you are looking at. These reviews will tell you a lot about how the company treats its customers. Read the pros and the cons to see how the company reacted to both.
- Understand the Contract – You can’t just sign a contract without reading it and understanding it. If you don’t understand something in the contract, ask questions. Things that you should see in the contract are the services included, total costs, delivery dates, insurance coverage, terms of payments, and the cancellation policies.
- Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute to Book – Avoid last minute booking if at all possible because it can cause more problems for you. If you wait until the last minute, you will face issues such as limited availability, higher prices, services that aren’t as reliable, and any delays that they might have. By booking early, you will avoid all these issues.
- Be Flexible – When it comes to the dates that you need to have for pick up and delivery, you need to be flexible. When you are more flexible, you can get savings and better carrier options. You can also have less stress and more logistics options.
- Don’t Forget to Document Existing Damage – If you don’t document your existing damage, you could have new dents or scratches and no proof of it. Read here to learn why documentation is important. Document well with pictures to prove what was there and what was new. You need to make sure your car is clean, take pictures, check for any scratches and debts, and then sign the inspection report.
There are many mistakes that could make you lose money when shipping cars. These mistakes could also cause damage to your vehicle. You need to avoid these mistakes so that you can have a smooth process when transporting your auto.