How to make an app like Uber?
OR How much does it cost to make an app like Uber?
OR build your own Uber app
These all are some of the most frequently searched queries on the internet.
This clearly indicates how much Uber has created the hype both in its clients and competitors.
There’s a developing interest for Uber-like clone applications among business people the world over. For the most part for taxi applications with slight alterations to the Uber plan of action, however some endeavor to apply it to different businesses also.
Things being what they are, would you be able to enhance the nature of a current administration and offer it on interest? Provided that this is true, you may be the future Uber.
Be that as it may, to make an application like Uber and get it into the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store isn’t simple. Taking an expansive bit of the ridesharing market necessitates that you offer frictionless access, extraordinary encounters for drivers and riders, and a solid brand.
This article can clarify what has pushed Uber’s development and what innovation controls Uber’s app for mobile. Read along to know the details and answers to your questions.
How to create an app like Uber?
As a matter of first importance, Uber is the taxi booking app utilized by millions due to its remarkable administration for individuals, just as openings for work. For riders, Uber has been a genuine gift since 2012, as they currently can book a private taxi driver with one tap on the telephone. The closest vehicle will lift you up in minutes.
Uber works in 77 nations and has 80 million users. Also, it’s less expensive than conventional taxis by around 40-50%, reacts quicker too. That is the reason its impact to showcase they call ‘problematic’. Also, that is the motivation behind why many need to pursue its way. Hailo, Gett, Lyft, and others have just succeeded. Question is how to do that? To help you out, we are listing down the features that an app like Uber must have.
Let’s begin with listing the user roles and how Uber works for each of them. There are basically three user roles and Uber is designed differently for each of them.
All of these roles have different set of features designed specifically for them. So, let’s take a look at each user role’s feature to understand how to create an app like Uber in its whole.
Uber like app features
Features for Admin
Admin panel is a web based application to look after the drivers and riders and to give immediate customer services and support. Some of the basic features of admin app customer support, ride routes management, payment management, and looking after other data.
Features for Rider
- User registering panel to login or sign up for the services that Uber provides.
- Uber lets its rider to track their ride as to estimate when their Uber will arrive at their location and when and how will it drop them to their destination.
- Let users choose their cab type.
- It also gives a fair estimation of the fare for the ride.
- There are many different types of payment modes available, e.g. cash, credit card, debit card, mobile wallets, etc. It allows its users to decide and choose their payment mode.
- Uber also gives service history so that customers can track their rides of a specific time period
- It also has a feature called “Book now ride later” which allows its users to book the ride in advance and schedule them for future.
- It also gives the option to book a ride for others so, don’t worry if you don’t have Uber app installed in your phone, you can use your friends Uber app and take the ride.
- Uber’s smart wallet lets its passengers to pay the fare by integrating it with their bank accounts.
- Uber has another feature named “Panic button” that ensures the security to its customers that if they feel threatened they can hit that button and get urgent help.
- Users can also set their most frequently visited destinations as their favorite destination like their home, work place, or their bff’S home.
- Uber also lets its passengers split charges if they are travelling in a group if they have mobile wallet.
- It also pushes notification when finding the driver, after finding the driver, after completing the ride, and more
- It gives the interface to send messages within the app and call the driver outside of the app.
- It also gives the option to review the driver and comment on the basis of user experience with the driver.
Features for Driver
- Driver’s registration to login and sign up for the app as a driver.
- Accepting the ride feature which gives them the say to accept/reject the ride.
- Driver’s status as of when they have accepted the ride, started a ride, ended it, and more.
- Drivers get booking history of all the rides they have taken and completed.
- They also get push notifications just like riders.
- Easy navigation using Google maps.
- Other features like messaging, reviewing the rider, and cost estimation to name a few.
- Uber lets drivers to accept another ride while completing the one named as forward dispatch.
- It also gives drivers heat maps to navigate them through shortest routes or alternate routes in case of traffic jams.
- Since the time to reject/accept a ride is only 15 seconds, Uber gives drivers a time slot of 2 minutes to reject the booked ride before it starts charging.
- Another great feature that Uber offers to its drivers are “Quest Earning” which gives the riders a defined number of rides to take and complete in certain pre-specified days.
How to know if or not to develop an app like Uber
Taxi service was at one time an eminence, ‘Uber’ made it a need by making it moderate. In addition to the fact that Uber disrupted the customary taxi service, obstructed the manner in which individuals do their business.
Today, Uber’s on-request service model can be connected to practically every one of the ventures and their specialties. It isn’t overstating to state that the interest for an on-request arrangement is expanding as time passes. Individuals advance their capacity for creative ability and conceptualize a genuinely unanticipated specialty with an on-request arrangement.
However, regardless the exaggeration that every industry needs an app like Uber, the truth is a bit different. Not every industry can do good with creating an app like Uber. So, here we are specifying some of the niches which can do well with this app.
- Mobile Salons
- Mobile Mechanics
- Gas delivery companies
- Food delivery companies
- Companies giving courier services
- Travel agencies
How much does it cost to make an app like Uber?
How much does it cost to build an application like Uber? We go over this inquiry quite often when we consider for building applications like Uber. The appropriate response is – It depends!
Uber’s plan of action has offered to ascend to an expansive number of On-Demand Platforms being adjusted for various verticals. The interest for taxi applications like Uber has developed famously in the ongoing occasions. Many settled in industry esteem binds remain to be disturbed. The online-disconnected nature and inclusion of various partners make these stages hard to configure, ace, and scale for developing Uber like apps for your business.
Business visionaries and ventures hoping to manufacture Uber like applications for various verticals frequently discover this similarity most effortless to express and subsequently the beginning of the inquiry. There are a few factors related to getting to a right gauge to make an application like Uber like,
- Number of stakeholders
- Number of platforms
- Business model complexities
- Development cost incorporating backend development, web development, native app development, design, and quality assurance.
As indicated by our assessments of the required features and comparable ventures, the time it takes to build an app like Uber, including an application for drivers and an application for riders, is someplace close to 5000 hours. The cost relies upon your service supplier’s hourly rates, which fluctuate enormously from $20 every hour to $100 every hour.