We all know that good content is the backbone of every website who thrives to attract readers, visitors, and customers. When creating executioner content for your blog or site, there are two key contemplations: first, how to make quality content that will connect with, engage, and at last drive conversions; and second, how to make that content accessible to an expansive group of audience.
Many content writers try their best to inspire consideration regarding posts on their organization’s blog. They compose the best of them, they attempt to pick topics their audience would appreciate, they do everything they can to make their writings fascinating yet helpful. In any case, results they got are not really palatable.
So, if you want to drive traffic to your site, you will need to optimize your content for search engines. We have already talked about the importance of SEO friendly content for your business. And in this article, we will be listing down some of the simple yet effective ways to write SEO content for your website. Read along!
SEO Content Writing Tips For Websites
If you are aspiring to build your website’s audience, you will need to get more quick-witted and efficient with your content. You can’t simply toss a bundle of words on a page and anticipate that visitors will come running. A standout amongst other approaches to continue getting traffic for your most content is on making them search engine optimized. Realizing the significance of SEO content, here are a few tips for composing SEO friendly articles that will rank better in search engines.
Perform Keyword Research Prior To Content Writing
No matter which keyword research tool you are using, make sure to perform a thorough keyword research before you begin writing the content for your site. Discover which short tail and long tail keywords and expressions individuals are looking for (and additionally what you can be aggressive in), and make yourself a spreadsheet. Monitor how often you use the keywords in your content, and utilize the correct tools to track where you rank for the keywords you target.
- Find keywords that people are looking for using any keyword research tool
- Estimate the volume of the keywords you are aiming to use in your content
- Understand your focus keyword and make sure to use it in your post
- Maintain the right keyword density i.e 3%
- Use semantic keywords in your post
- Add your focus keyword in the title, image alt attribute, H1, Meta title, and meta description
Come Up With Appealing Title and Meta Title
Once you have performed the keyword research, the next step is to write an appealing meta title and post title. Initially, you need to understand the difference between post title and meta title.
Post Title: The title of the post on the website. This is the title that your readers will see on your website.
Meta title: This is the title that search engines display when someone makes the search using the relevant keyword. In case, you have forgotten to specify the meta title of your post then the post title of the blog will be considered as the meta title.
Tip to write post title and meta title
Let’s say you are writing a blog on the importance of social media presence for small businesses and your focus keyword is Small Businesses Social Media,
- Write the post title of your blog in a way that is enchanting to the readers. In our case, the post title will be Why Your Business Should Be On Social Media or any variant of it.
- Write the meta title of your blog using focus keyword i.e Small Businesses Social Media, along with another variant that also has high search volume
- To add the meta title to your website, you will need to install an SEO plugin like Yoast or any other plugin with good ratings
- The ideal length for meta title is 50-60 characters
Write Down Strong Meta Description
Next thing that you need to do is to add a strong meta description to your post. Meta description serves as the summary of your post that search engines display to the users in the search results. This description plays a huge role in enhancing search engine rankings as well.
Tip to compose Meta Description
- Write a summary of your blog post in 300 words
- Make sure to use focus keyword in the meta description
- Specify this meta description to the installed SEO plugin’s snippet
Use H1, H2, H3 Smartly
Google has recently released an algorithm called Broad Core that has increased the importance of H1 headings by 2%. This means the blog post and the website content properly optimized with H1 headings will enhance the search engine rankings. This emphasizes the importance of using not just H1 tags but also H2, H3 and so on.
Tips to use heading tags
- Your blog title is considered as the H1 heading. So, make sure to use keywords in the blog title of your post
- Correctly use H2, H3, and other heading tags in your post to highlight the subtopics and semantic keywords
Add Images and Give Them ALT Attribute
Enhance the appeal of your post by adding high-quality Images, Gifs, and Videos. However, sadness comes when we realize Google can’t really read the images.
What to do then?
Well, the answer is simple and straight, add text to your images!
To make search engines read and understand what an image is about, you need to add image alt attribute and image title.
Tips to optimize image in your blog
- Add high-quality images to your content
- Make sure to add images in png format
- Add image title relevant to the image. Let’s say you are talking about the importance of Facebook in SMM then give the image title, “Facebook Role In SMM”
- Add an alternative attribute to the images using the focus keyword
- Align the image with the content and also make sure to optimize the size of the image
Optimize Permalinks (Slugs)
Permalinks are the URL to your pages and posts and in order to write SEO friendly content, you will need to optimize permalink as well.
Tip to optimize permalink
- Use Hyphen instead of spaces or underscores for separating the words
- Exclude unnecessary symbols
- Exclude numbers
- Best practice is to use focus keyword
- Exclude stop words
Practice Interlinking and Outbounding
When composing a post, it’s dependably a smart thought to interface back to old blog entries with the goal that readers will stick around your website for more. Additionally, this will also enable search engines to re-crawl the old posts.
Similarly, linking a high authority site will also increase your page’s authority. Also, it won’t just prompt lower bounce rates yet additionally can enable you to fashion a more grounded association with your perusers. The sites that you link to ought to be significant to the content and won’t contend with your keywords.
Tip to interlink and outbound link
- Interlink and outbound using anchor text
- While interlinking, you must use the focus keyword or any of its variant of the post you are linking to
- While outbound linking, you must make sure that the site you are linking to has a good image, authority, and is relevant to your post
Another goal while writing an SEO friendly post is to turn the readability light green. In easy words, you will need to write your content in a way that is easier to read and understand.
Tips for enhancing readability
- Write sentences that are no longer than 20 words
- Use active voice
- Avoid using same starting word consecutively for three sentences
- Improve the grammar of your post by installing Grammarly plugin
- Be clear, concise, and compelling with your words
Write a Captivating Introduction and Summarizing Conclusion
Lastly, another thing that you need to do is to write a captivating introduction and a summarizing conclusion for your post. Title tag, meta tag, H1, H2, Image alt tags, and all other things mentioned above are used to bring readers to your site. While writing a strong introduction makes them stay on your site. Make sure to be on the point and enchant your readers by writing a good introduction to the post. Similarly, when ending the post, make sure to summarize it in a way that if your reader is in hurry and don’t want to read a blog post of 1500 words, he will scroll down to the conclusion and get the summary of the post there. This enhances the reader loyalty and that person will always want to come back to read more.
So, to improve our readers’ loyalty here is a quick summary of how to optimize your content,
- Perform keyword research
- Add post title and meta title using focus keyword
- Summarize the blog post in 300 words and make it meta description
- Use Heading tags
- Use Image Alt tag
- Optimize Permalink
- Interlink to old articles
- Cross-link to high DA websites
- Enhance readability
- Write good introduction and conclusion