In this article, we offer you an overview of the main social networks and we profile your users to help you choose the most useful social media networks for your business.
Facebook is the most used social network in the world with 2 billion active users.
Facebook users in one country
In turkey, Facebook has 32 million users.
48% men and 52% women, mostly 20/29 years (29% of Facebook users).
18 million active users are on mobile.
Facebook receives 19 million visits per day in average one country for an average time greater than 50 minutes per day (time spent on Facebook, Messenger or Instagram).
The majority of active Facebook users are rather low-budget users.
Facebook is a social network that innovates or offers new features very regularly. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the latest news that have challenged us the most.
- Set up Display Ads with Facebook Audience Network
- Instagram integration into the ad network
- New formats: lead ads, product ads, local awareness ads, facebook canvas, slideshows, live…
- Virtual reality thanks to Oculus Rift
- Facebook stores and Buy Now button
- New applications: hello, moments, work cat…
- Messenger development for businesses and setting up chatbots to automate customer relations
- The test of collaborative work in companies with Facebook at work
- The buyout of Whatsapp
If you are interested in Facebook for your company and you must almost necessarily be so it includes a wide range of Instagram followers and users, be aware that the format of posts to focus on the highest possible reach is the video (hosted directly on Facebook).
Even though Instagram belongs to Facebook, the profile of its users is noticeably different.
This is the second network to reach 18-34 years after Facebook, with a time spent equivalent to that spent on Snapchat.
Instagram users in France
- Instagram has 10 million users in France (1/3 of Facebook users).
- 55% are men and 45% are women. We do not have the ages of French users yet, but the majority age groups in the United States are 16-24 (41% of users) and 25-34 (35% of users).
- It is interesting to note that Instagram has doubled its audience in 2 years.
- The benefits of Instagram
- Almost infinite targeting possibilities with integration into the Facebook advertising platform
- New regular publication formats: 60-second videos, carousels…
- Specialized mobile applications: accelerated video or slow motion, collages
Snapchat is the social network that explodes among the youngest.
65% of women and 35% of men. It mainly affects 18/24 year olds (46.8% of French users) but 25/34 year olds still represent 29.2% of users.
French users spend between 25 and 30 minutes a day on Snap (do not say more Snapchat ;-))
What’s new in Snapchat
- Gateway to content consumption with the Discover tab
- 3v mobile thoughts ads
- Sponsored lenses and filters allow everyone to be the vector of your brand
- New continuous interactions (augmented reality, 3D stickers, 3D selfies …
- LinkedIn is now a trademark of Microsoft.
- 10 million people use LinkedIn in Spain.
- The average age of users is 44 years old.
- We spend an average of 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn. And 27% of visits are made on mobile.
- LinkedIn is suitable for a B to B approach essentially, or even for companies looking for CSP + (managers and company managers).
- Twitter users in UK
- Twitter brings together a community of 6 million users in UK.
- The most common age group on Twitter is the 25-34 age group (26% of French users of the social network).
- 55% of Twitter users are men, 45% women.
- The typical profile of the Twitter user is a single childless, most often CSP +, looking for progression in his professional and personal life.
- 80% of Twitter visits are on mobile. It’s important to mention that, to get more retweets quickly, you can use mobile apps to deal with twitter
- Pinterest users in Australia
- Pinterest has 2.7 million users in Australia.
- Pinterest is a predominantly female social network: 80% of users are users. However, it should be noted that 40% of new listings are currently done by men.
- You will be able to reach mostly 25-34 year olds on Pinterest (they represent 30% of users).
- Pinterest is today mainly used to find inspiration in a wide variety of fields, both personal and professional.
- This is the new network that is growing (recently acquired by Twitter).
- There are few figures on users but we mention it here because it is interesting for several types of communication:
- To cover a live event,
- Show behind the scenes of your business,
- Do Q & A sessions with your clients or prospects,
- Do live tutorials for using your products or services,
As we can see, even if Facebook is predominant in a social marketing strategy, some other networks can also find their place in your web marketing strategy. If you need help and advice to invest in social networks, do not hesitate to contact our experts.