Pimples are one of the biggest concerns of every teenager. You are getting ready to attend the event you wait anxiously for and there is it, a pimple, popped out of nowhere. What to do? How to hide it? How to get rid of pimples overnight?
No matter how unwelcomed they are, pimples keep coming your way time to time. When it’s true that we can’t actually (we can try) stop pimples from occurring. But there are ways that can help you to get rid of pimples fast, even overnight. We are sharing with you some of the easy hacks to get rid of acne and pimples. Besides this, we are also adding the most common reason of acne to prevent it from happening.
What is acne (pimples)?
Acne is one of the most irritating things that almost all of the teenagers have to deal with. And it happens when sebaceous glands that are normally responsible to produce the required moisturizer to skin starts forming clogs. The reason could be sebum, bacteria, hormonal change, dead skin cells, or ingrown hair. When acne is not at all a serious health problem but sometimes it leaves us with permanent acne scars.
Types of acne
Acne has its own various kinds and identifying them is one of the most important things while treating them. There are two kinds of acne.
This kind is easily treatable and does not cause swelling. Noninflammatory acne is usually the result of sebum combined with dead skin cells. It is mild in nature and goes away with over the counter treatment. It is further divided into two sub-categories
This is painful, red, and swollen and takes time to get cured. Inflammatory acne also occurs due to dead skin cells and sebum, but bacteria also affect this type of pimples making them worse. It has four kinds.
Pustules and papules are moderate acne and need dermatologists’ suggested oral or topical prescriptions. While cysts and nodules are the most severe in nature and require a dermatologist to pick them up. If not treated on time, they might result in permanent acne scars.
How to get rid of pimples overnight?
Not everything you’ve known about treating pimples so far is true. Try not to trust blindly on any myth and research well before touching your pimple. Following are the to-dos and not-to-dos to get rid of pimples faster and get smooth and clear skin as suggested by dermatologists.
Do not pick your pimples
“It may seem tempting, but remember that once you’ve picked at an acne lesion, it will take longer to heal and is more likely to scar,” says Dr. Doris Day.
Do not pick or pop your pimples to get rid of them. It will only result in septic or even worse acne. It would be better to treat it with home remedies or visiting a dermatologist instead of picking them off your skin.
Do not apply toothpaste
“Toothpaste may contain ingredients and fragrances that can irritate and damage the skin,” says Dr. Bowe.
It is quite a popular myth that using toothpaste reduces/kills the pimples. However, to give you a reality check, it is totally wrong. Do not apply toothpaste to your skin. We would repeat, never apply toothpaste on pimples. Drying the pimple, or sucking the moisture out of it will only make it worse.
Wash your face
“Your oil glands are active all day. Sweat mixed with dirt and oil can become trapped under wet workout clothing. If you can’t take a full shower at least use a cleansing towelette, says Dr. Zeichner.
This leads to only one conclusion, do not skip washing face. Use a good cleanser and make it your habit to wash your face with lukewarm water at least twice (the more is better). It will remove the unwanted dirt, dust, and oil from the skin and make it easy to cure the pimples sooner and better.
Use little to no makeup
“Use mineral makeup on your skin rather than oil-based products that can contribute to breakouts,” suggests Dr. Peredo.
When we know it is a bit unsatisfying to not wear makeup, especially, when you’re a working woman, or a college student, or just a lady who loves making up. It would be better to use little or no makeup when you’re having a pimple or pimples. The chemicals and oils used in makeups will make the acne worse for you. So if you are getting a treatment for acne or even when you’re trying to get rid of pimples naturally, avoid the overuse of makeup.
“You can use a warm compress or steam to bring everything to the surface,” says Dr. Margarita Lolis. Steam is great for your skin’s health. Especially when you are suffering from acne. Taking steam will open up the pores and let your skin breathe. This removes dirt, bacteria, and unwanted oil from the skin making it smooth and clear.
These home remedies will help you to get rid of pimples naturally. Try them and see the difference.
- Use Ice to reduce the swelling and redness of the pimples. It improves the circulation of blood, removes dirt and oil, and tightens the skin.
- Apply lemon juice to the pimples before sleeping and wash the face with lukewarm water in the morning. It is rich in Vitamin C and aids in drying the pimples faster.
- Using tea tree oil is quite beneficial when treating the acne as it has strong antibacterial properties.
- Garlic does wonders for treating the pimples. It has antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, antioxidant properties. Cut the garlic into pieces and rub on the pimples.
- Mix one spoon of vinegar with one spoon of water and apply the mixture on your pimples.
- Applying honey also helps in reducing and removing the pimples and scars from your skin.
- Chop mint in yogurt and apply the paste on your pimples. Mint does magic to the acne and make it vanish like it never happens.
- Mash aspirin in a spoon of water and apply it on the pimples.
- Chamomile aids in decreasing the inflammation of acne. Combine chamomile with water and apply it on the pimples.
- Aloe vera is famous for its burn-relieving attribute. But the little-known fact is that it also treats ace and removes scars. Apply the aloe vera gel on your face and skin and see the pimples biding you their final goodbye.
Visit your dermatologist
If your pimples are persisting and do not go by following the above-mentioned tips then it is the high time you should see your dermatologist ASAP. So that he will take a keen and close look at what the problem is and prescribe you the treatment accordingly. However, we are sure that these tips will help you in getting rid of the acne quite sooner and better.